Wednesday 26 March 2008

Am I, or am i not a sound person?

I am a sound person because i make a lot of it when i talk, sometimes when i walk, when wink, when a breath (just enough not to reach the poin of annoying) when i fart, or have an upset tummy, when i sneeze, when i eat, when im in silence...

But does that make me a sound person?

What makes me a sound person?

7 years studying = know nothing

7 years working with it =know nothing


Do i hear well? are my ears fine? Am i def?

I've done soap operas (telenovelas), then i did live shows (tiny ones, folk music - a lot of shouting really and we called it "Tradicional"). I am terrible with techical things. SEE? I SHOULD NEVER SAY THIS. BUT I AM, I'M CRAP!

I am so fucking emotional about sound! It changes my mood! maybe i don't listen consciencly, it's all internal!

Anyway, took a break when i moved to london and been a runner until now.

For the first time in my life i'm doing sound on my own. there's no one in the company to tell me what's wrong, in fact they count on me to tell them whats wrong.

I know what's wrong and i tella ya, starting on the fucking speakers that should be lower and are almost stuck on the ceiling because it "looks better", but i'm fuckin stretching my neck everytime im mixing.

INSTINCT!

IS THAT THE TIME I CAN USE MY INSTINCT!!!

Seeing on the brighter side, it's a way of doing mistakes and growing up because now it's for real, but im so affraid of making terrible mistakes people will actualy send me ear plugs!!!

I need books, experiences, i need someone to encourage me, i need a producer to tell me "you're in the right direction" ... or maybe i don't. Do I?


it's lovely being 24!

no video yet.

this is a reflexion post

2 comments:

do not push my buttons! said...

Agora é que é!!! Sem rede!
Vais ver que consegues! Já viste algum Martins falhar quando tiram a rede?!?!
Então se eles estão a contar contigo para dizeres o que está errado, é porque eles também não sabem, logo, se falhares, dizes que não é defeito, é feitio! They'll buy it!
Eheheh

kakela Delay said...

gosto dessa do "nao e defeito e feitio" - it's not default its ...feitio? que palavra e que pomos aqui?hmmm