Tuesday 4 March 2008

LAMB



I hate lamb. Don't you ever dare to cook me lamb. I love them alive though...

But i'm not going to tll you about my food taste.

This is not their best tune but the lyrics in their simplicity are brutaly amazing

" The wonder of it all
I know everywhere, more than we know,
heaven's not up there,
but on earth below"

"Don't know if god exists"

"there's so much we're not aware"

I have a very weird relation with Lou Rhodes (the singer of lamb...the one with the lovely eye lashes)
I have meet her several times backstage in one of lambs milions of gigs in portugal. We never had an open heart conversation, we just give a few hints for what could turn into a conversation.

Then i moved to london and kept bumping into her in the street... To add all this weirdness her music always apears in my life with answers... this only happens with her and bjork by the way.

A couple of weeks ago i read her blog on her myspace page where she was telling her fans that for her next tour she was playing on her own, a solo artist in pure form. The reason for that is when she finished recording her second solo album "bloom" she had a phone call saying her sister had taken an overdose of painkillers. She only had time to fly to where she lived and say how much she loved her before her last breath.

My sister got suicide aswell. I think about it more and more. I don't look for an answer why she did it, but how that has changed my family's life. I haven't said specificaly how much i loved her, but i didnt have to. I talk to her all the time and i wonder what shw would say about london, about me working in film/music, what her job would be...
I became a very intense person. I am very passionate about things, i have hot blood for those i love and i can truely admire those i know for every little thing they do. Loosing someone you love dearly will never ever leave you.

Lou's solo is a prove of courage...though she does not need to prove anything to anyone. But being there on stage on her own, it's like being naked in silence for milions of people standing up and hungry. It take guts to do it.

Guts. Something a lot of people don't have. Face the unknown with good thoughts. Positivity does help. If your mind believes than your body believes.

The song goes like this...

No comments: