Monday 21 April 2008

The big Family

It's been a while since I listen to music.

Started probably whn i stolen my sister's old Europe Tape with the famous hit "It's the final countdown". There was a song, in the end of side A called "Carrie" That i remember well too.

Other tracks remain very close to my heart, such as my favourite song ever "california dreaming" from Mama's and Pappas - don't ask me why, or "House of the rising Sun". All influenced by my dad.

But i have to say, when i really started listenning to music; when everything changed.

First phase I was 9 and discovered suede and radiohead. Second phase I was 13 - found blur and became a massive kula shaker fan - Even tattooed a "K" on my wrist.

3rd phase: 15 - smiths

4th phase: 17 - Sigur ros, Zero7, moloko, bjork

I guess i'm now on my 5th phase... Don't really know what sound i like.

But all and all, I picked randomly a song to listen and went back to an old tune from bernanrd butler "Not alone". I checked the video first because i remembered i used to love it. Watched it again now and didnt find as exciting, in fact a little bit takky. I still love the bits of him with the cats and he always looks good to me in his shirts.

All to say, by watching Bernand butler's video now and not quiet enjoying as much as the stetics of his video, i still love it, i guess because bernanrd is part of my family.

I think i have listenned so many times to these bands, read so many articles about them, i have now the feeling they belong to my family and therefore, no metter what they do, i'll always love them.

Bernand Butler was always my favourite from suede. He had nice hair, the way he danced with his guitar, the shirts ... A bit like jonny greenwood from radiohead. I didn't like brett anderson so much, left him for my sister...

Damon Albarn is another brother in this big family. He has now a silver tooth but i still like him.

You see, music gives you a big big family :)

2 comments:

do not push my buttons! said...

Aren't we enough for you?? chuifff chuifff

kakela Delay said...

er...