Monday 7 April 2008

Love and Poison



Directed by Andy Crabb and David Lewis

I have posted tributes to many bands in this blog, but not yet to the band that influenced me the most in my life, Suede.

I listenned to "Animal Nitrated" for the first time when i was only 9 years old. Obviously was my sister who showed it me. It has changed our lives. They had a complete diferent sound and attitude from anything we had ever heard in our lives.

My sister got so mad with this band she wanted to know about them, but unfortunatly wasn't much to look at. we had MTV but suede were still small to be played on prime time... UNTIL... "Love and poison"!

Love and poison showed a gig from suede at brixton academy.She stood awake until 3 am and got up at 7 to go to school. Cheers!Thanks for that!

So at that point, we had another bunch of songs to hear. For more than a year all we had to listen from suede was that gig and we played it over and over and over.

I like specially Bernard Butler's moves. I thought he was cool. My sister liked Brett Anderson.

When bernard left the band was a shock for us, so i developed another passion, Mat Osman.

At school if we said we liked suede others would say " music to get up the ass" or " thats faggots music"

None of us is gay so i don't see the threaten...

Then one day i saw an add in a music paper of some guy in the north of the country proposing to make a suede fanclub so so i joined in. In this fanclub i meet my bestest friends and so it became more than just another band.

Suede got me together with a comunity. I was now being well accepted for what i liked to listen to, what i liked to dress to, colour of my hair and my personal thoughts of society.

So here's my tribute.

So young is my favourite song.

2 comments:

do not push my buttons! said...

True, true!

We were a bunch of geeks who liked stuff no-one liked.

I call it "Being original" :D



PS: we bought the single of this song in London one time we were there (or only me?) and got it autographed by the band years later. ehhee

kakela Delay said...

yaaaa yaa yaaa

true true true

we all meet the band at Lisbon airport and the next day we helped a journalist, friend of ours, to make the questions for the interview. we are soooo special!ahaha