Monday 28 January 2008

Declare independence don't let them do that to you?




I was looking for "Human Behaviour" or "All is full of love" to add to my favourite videos ever, to share with all of you, when i checked that Bjork has released her new video.
This song "declare independence" is from Bjork's most recent album, Volta, released last year.
I'm always very excited when bjork puts a new album out there, but i have to be honest, "Volta" didn't do much for me. I love the artwork (as always). My favourite tracks are this one, " the dull flame of desire" and "earth intruders" but the other ones just don't do much for me. Usualy her albums take a while to understand, and then you get to the point where you just can't take her songs out of your ipod/headphones. it gets addictive. But no, not this one.
Also i think she produces too much music. there's too much coming out and starts being a bit too much to digest.

Never the less, she's my favourite artist, always has been.

Declare independence is a very political song and the video even more so. A man playing an instrument with strings that leads to Bjork that leads to a crowd with no character. Bjork is telling them to raise their flags and be patriotic about whatever they want to, or they are proud of, but also seems slightly fascist... BJORK ISNT A FASCIST I know she's not. That's a character. Her character though is a bit fascist, she even raises her arm like hitler did. I bet she's having lots of critics.

To me this "fascism" is more, maybe, and this is just a personal opinion, about the music industry. because p[eople are attached to the strings that are producing the music. so i see it as " you hear what i want you to hear" now RAISE YOUR FLAGS!!! its a bittwer sweet message. she had to get slightly fascist to sort of wake this crowd!

oh. i still have mixed opinions about this video. i need to digeste it a little more.
Tell me your opinion. Lets open a debate.

And it goes like this

No comments: