Sunday 27 January 2008

Strangelove








And here´s another love of my life - Strangelove.
First heard of them through Ed O´Brien from Radiohead who appeared in a magazine wearing a t-shirt of the band.I liked the artwork of the cover of "strangelove" which was the print on Ed´s t shirt. Went to Virgin Megastore in Lisbon (yes yes, it had just opened and now i was safe! at last a place where i could get my records!)
Patrick duff´s photos were in my bedroom´s wall (side to side with Damon Albarn´s). I remember when i was in the art school, walking to school listening to their songs... so deep, so emotional... Patrick Duff´s lyrics are so beautiful and pure... The last track on the b side of the tape was "sea of black" and it was just the time it took me to go to school. So still today, if i pass by the entrance of the art school, that´s what it sounds like.

Once on summer holidays me and my family went to Bristol. It was a short visit - Bristol didn´t seem to have much to see. I even putted my glasses with the hope of seing Patrick Duff somewhere. Nope, i didn´t see him. It broke my heart. Everyone was joking with me in the caravan on the way to London. My dad said "ok! enough, stop joking with her, lets stop and have a coffee in this petrol station.

My head was down. I was so sad i didn´t meet Patrick Duff until someone comes to me and says " Raquel! Raquel Welsh from Portugal!". You are never gonna guess who it was... JAMES DEAN BRADFIELD from Manic street Preachers!!!!!!

He gave me free tickets for this festival they were playing and backstage passes.He said " even if you don´t go, try to sell them cos you´ll make good money to continue your trip"

oh destiny...

*sigh*

will i ever meet Patrick Duff? I wonder...

And the song goes like this...

No comments: