Sunday 27 January 2008

Pulp at 6 am



Oh oh oh. This Blog is a series of nostalgic moments i am sharing with the world.

I believe i was born with a walkman and headphones attached to me body, lets say, heaphones go to my ears, of course, and walkman could have one of those geekey pieces you could attach to your belt and look like bill gates, but cooler, it´s a walkman we are talking about for god sake!
When i started going out to clubs, i was 15 and my friends were coming out of the closet and they thought they were gay. I was not gay for loving someone with a similar body to mine, but i was gay to to out and see the people, the tribes, the dancing in beautiful colors and sounds. Some of those friends are now getting married with lovely girls... How bizarre.

Oh well, my walkman was the friend who never failed to take me home safe and sound in the half hour journey home at 6 am.

This is a classic, don´t you think? Everyone feels like the lyrics of this song, no?

I loved when Pulp performed this song at the mythic 1996 brit awards. In the end of the performance Jarvis is elevated in the air.

Beautiful. A pleasure.
And it goes like this...

2 comments:

do not push my buttons! said...

Conta-lhes como foi a nossa passagem do Milénio "Disco 2000"!

kakela Delay said...

And 2000´s new years eve here was a massive argument at home and APPARENTLY the party was ruined. APPARENTLY, I SAID! me and my sister putted our boas, the hi fi on maximum volume and played DISCO2000 the loudest we could!

There were other songs on my dj set but this one was obviously the high light. of course, all this, locked at our daddy´s studio. veeeeery interesting...